Well we have had a very busy past week so I figured I would write a quick update in the event that baby peden decides to make her grand appearance and I am otherwise too busy to blog!
We had our 36 week doctor appointment on 12/17/09 and got to see our daughter during an ultrasound-- where they discovered that she is going to be a big girl! They estimated her to be in the 99.7 percentile for height & weight, which put her at 8 lbs 13 oz with 4 weeks to go! Needless to say Davis and I were a little nervous about having such a big baby since she'll likely put on 2 pounds before her birthday! We have since talked to many people who have assured us that ultrasounds are only estimates and they are likely just overestimating!
About a week ago (12/18/09) we moved into our new house-- quite a task at 9 months pregnant, let me tell you! Davis was (as usual) so amazing at coordinating the day. We woke up at 5 am, I took Delkus and DirtyDog to Dee's for a day of doggie daycare, and the movers arrived promptly at 7am to start loading up their moving truck! I won't bore you with details but we didn't get to sleep until past midnight if that tells you about how long and busy and exhausting our day was! My little pregnant feet were so swollen after that day!
Anyway, they had us come back to the doctor's office on 12/22/09 to re-check baby peden, and they said everything was looking great! My blood pressure has been elevated, so they told us to call if it got to be 140/90. Of course as luck would have it, 12/23/09 was an eventful day (my mom came into town, cut her finger on a broken pie dish, and Davis had to take her to the urgent care for stitches!). I decided I should check my blood pressure, and of course it was in the 150's/100's. I called the doctor's office on Christmas eve morning and the doctor on call suggested I come into L&D to get checked out. Sure enough he diagnosed me with mild pre-eclampsia (elevated blood pressure during pregnancy). He sent me home with orders to stay "in bed, on the couch, or take a quick shower. That's IT".
If you know me, you know how clearly impossible these doctors orders are! Especially since I am in 'nesting mode' and must have everything clean and organized for when baby arrives. I never thought I'd be so uptight about cleanliness and dust! This is SO NOT ME! Davis is enjoying this but is having to force me to stop vacuuming. It's horrible!
Baby Peden's nursery is coming together-- we still have to hang the curtains (and by 'we' I mean Davis). Davis' cousin Jennifer is an interior designer and has been a godsend in helping us design and coordinate our daughter's room! We also need to get a lampshade and a few other things, but at this point I think we can survive with what we have!
We have another doctor's appointment on Tuesday, at which point we are fully expecting the doctor to send us to the hospital! I have been having contractions (not painful ones though) and with my blood pressure it's just inevitable that we'll have our daughter in the world with us well before her estimated due date of 1/13/10! She may even arrive in 2009! We are so excited about what 2010 brings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment