Sunday, July 19, 2009

Baby Peden! Coming January 2010!

Well I figured since most everyone knows our happy news I might as well write a little blog about the fact that we are pregnant & expecting our first baby in January 2010! It is so amazing to think that there is another little human being growing inside of me, it is the most strange yet miraculous and wonderful feeling in the entire world!
We tried for a few months and so when I went to ride the MS150 bikeride in May I knew there could be a chance that I was pregnant! I finished (albeit exhausted) the bike ride in the pouring down rain and felt a huge amount of pride and accomplishment afterwards! A few days later after my . still hadn't arrived, I decided (against Davis requests that I be patient) to take a pregnancy test. You see, since we knew our current house was not going to be large enough to withstand our growing family, we had decided to renovate! That night we had met with an architect to discuss plans to build an addition, add bathrooms, and do a major overhaul on our home.
After the architect left, I decided to POS. When 2 lines came up, we were both in such shock we could barely believe our eyes! Davis was very cautious in his excitement and suggested we 'take another one in the morning just to be sure'. Well after a sleepless night (I was just too excited) I took 2 more tests, one digital, and one old fashioned, both said + (well one said PREGNANT the other had the 2 lines indicating we were in fact pregnant).
The first trimester has been quite eventful, and thankfully we are somewhat 'out of the danger zone' and now have started to really enjoy this miracle! It truly is that, and when we see the ultrasounds it becomes even more clear to us what a huge miracle is going on right here in our lives.
As much as a full home renovation would have been a very fun and exciting thing to do, we decided against it. The contractors we had come bid the project gave us widely varying bids as to how much and how long this would take, and we don't have time for delays & more cost!
SO, we discovered a neighborhood not too far from our home here in Dallas at the Enclaves at Wyrick Estates where we are now building a custom home for our growing family. We are having a great time during the process of picking floors and countertops, brick and mortar. We really feel like this is the best thing for our family and it is the perfect solution to our only major marital argument: suburbs or city, old house or new? We got the new house Davis wanted and it's in the city like I wanted! Voila! Crisis averted!
This weekend Davis' parents came to town for a visit and we were able to show them our future lot and the model home which solidified our decision to build a new house. They gave their approval (as did my mom a few weeks ago) so we feel like since our wiser parents have given the blessing this is the best decision for us!
As for the baby, we have another appointment on July 30 and some more prenatal testing done at that point. Then 3 weeks later we'll have the 'gender appointment' where we'll find out if we're having a son or daughter. Davis is hoping for a boy, and I think it might be a girl. Either way we're having a baby and we are so excited about the year to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment